For nearly 175 years, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties has served the Bay Area’s children, families, and older adults. As the problem-solving center for our community, JFCS is the oldest and largest family services institution in the United States, serving more than 120,000 people annually who are facing life transitions and personal crises. JFCS has earned a national reputation as a leader in developing research-based social services and educational programs that strengthen individuals, families, and communities.
Under the supervision of the Director of Home Care, the Staffing Coordinator manages staffing for clients and supervises the attendant field staff ensuring that Home Care services are provided to Seniors at Home clients responsively and appropriately. In addition, the Staffing Coordinator assists in resolving operational issues or concerns in the daily functions of the home care program. The Staffing Coordinator understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources, and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Pay Range: $24-$26 per hour DOE
- Employment Type: full-time, exempt position with benefits
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to ensure all client shifts are staffed appropriately, including providing staffing for vacant shifts and replacing attendants as needed, and communicates all changes to the Home Care Specialist/Supervisor
- Maintains communication with attendants to track their availability and works collaboratively with other Staffing Coordinators to offer attendants shifts that meet their availability
- Notifies the Home Care Specialist/Supervisor regarding changes in client status and/or caregiver services, recommending field supervision
- Enters all communications with clients and attendants and client and attendant schedules into the AlayaCare database in real-time and in accordance with Agency standards
- Responds professionally to inquiries about the program and to questions or concerns from clients and attendants and ensures that all communications are respectful in nature
- Participates in the orientation of new hires
- As requested, provides on-call coverage for the program
- College degree preferred
- Fluency in Russian speaking preferred
- Experience in home care, social services, or medical setting required
- Ability to coordinate detailed information required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong customer services skills, service orientation, and ability to work well with a diverse population required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently, and as part of a working group required
- Desire to work in a social service setting and with the elderly required
- Strong computer skills required
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.