The Center Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration and logistics of their assigned center. The Center Coordinator is responsible for providing support to expand and strengthen Operation Smile’s programs in Manila.
Essential Center Functions:
- Oversee day-to-day logistics of the Manila Cleft Center.
- Assist with patient scheduling and patient management; including managing transportation.
- Provide support to the clinical team.
- Support the data and metrics team at the center with the collection of cleft patient data.
- Prepare Monthly and Quarterly Reports for OSP & OSI
- Maintains patient files for scheduled appointments, patient charts, and patient data upon receipt of information; initiates record for new patients and creates computer index; prepares levels; maintains filing statistics; audits filings sequence.
- Responds to requests for medical records; processes letters and reports; answers and directs telephone calls.
- Retrieves patient schedules from computer system; distributes lab reports to physicians, and materials to other departments; requests information from various departments; responds to correspondence requests.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues and reports any equipment malfunction
- Compiles, verifies, types, and files medical records of hospital or other health care facility: Prepares folders and maintains records of newly admitted patients.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing system.
- Maintain medical supply inventory and medical equipment inventory and perform request to the OSP Medical Director for supplies needs.
- Facilitate special projects as needed.
- Other duties, as requested by the Program Manager and Executive Director.
Surgical Programs (When requested)
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Manager to facilitate recruitment of medical volunteers.
- Work along with Logistics Manager for procurement, packing and transportation of all medical supplies necessary for surgical programs.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate regularly with the Program Manager and the clinical team.
- Communicate regularly with the Operation Smile medical team as well as the various departments of the hospital.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or any related medical field.
- Registered Nurse is highly preferred.
- 1 years of program / project experience
- 1 years of office experience
- Prior experience working in healthcare delivery, preferably in a hospital.
- Team spirit, flexibility, commitment, initiative and creativity to further develop the activities.
- A self-starter who is willing to learn and mature.
- Motivated individual with proven ability to lead, coordinate, and facilitate projects and teams.
- Must be proficient in managing relationships and building networks.
- Second language proficiency is desirable.