CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the role
CloudBees is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer to join the CloudBees technical sales organization supporting our direct sales force and partner ecosystem in the French speaking area. This role is meaningful for our sales organization. The position involves working side-by-side with the sales teams, uncovering and developing opportunities by articulating the technical options for potential customers, demonstrating the value they will get from our platform, and guiding existing customers to develop upsell and cross-sell opportunities. While this role requires technology depth and awareness, this is a sales position. The role carries a quota and directly impacts the revenue of the company. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery, feature flag or compliance space with strong listening skills. Prior technical sales positions or working in the field experience are essential.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for a Sales Engineer to become a specialist in what’s soon to become the future of software delivery and to work closely with recognized professionals in the continuous integration, continuous delivery, feature flag, and DevOps markets.
This will be a REMOTE position with some travel required.
What You’ll Do
- Become an authority on all things related to Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Feature Flags, Compliance and DevOps.
- Understand our products, competitors, value proposition, and positioning.
- Connect and work with our customers directly and become a technical advisor showcasing the capabilities of our products (presentations, demos, workshops, technical validations).
- Discover and understand the customer's digital transformation journey and the impact of our products and services.
- Work with our product team to identify product priorities discovered in field engagements.
- Attend trade shows, when appropriate.
- Act as a trusted advisor, understand our customer's business pain, and showcase the positive business outcome delivered by our products.
- Be an active part of the team, give opportunity reviews, build technical champions, and have a clear understanding of the sales cycle.
- Deliver outstanding presentations while handling objections.
- Ideally you will have 10 years of PreSales experience.
- You enjoy working in the field, working with people, and solving technical challenges while understanding the business impact.
- You have a confirmed technical background with the motivation to improve your sales engineering skills constantly.
- You are hard-working, enjoy working with people and crafting relationships.
- You are familiar with software development, delivery, or operations.
- You have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Feature Flagging / Compliance or other DevOps standard methodologies.
- Knowing Jenkins, and having used it in your past, is an excellent plus (we are the main contributor to this excellent open source project).
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers.
Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment. All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker.
If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.