BlueWave works closely with independent land scouts to identify and engage target landowners who own property having strategic value for renewable energy development. The land scout is an independent contractor who will deploy a variety of tactics to make contact, engage, build a relationship and close definitive land deals with target landowners identified by BlueWave. The Land Scout may also bring self-sourced landowner relationships to the table for BlueWave to review. Contact and engagement tactics include verifying contact information, calling, texting, emailing, networking/social networking and making visits to landowners’ homes or places of work. Once engaged, the land scout will build a relationship with the landowners, involving calls, texts, emails and especially site visits, to bring the landowner to a point where they feel comfortable signing a lease option or purchase option with BlueWave for renewable energy development. A fully executed lease option or purchase option will constitute the initial milestone of work product and payment for the Land Scout, with the final milestone for payment coming when a project powers on. Currently this position would require the successful candidate to live in either New York, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania or California. * Please note that this role is an 1099 role and does not inlcude benefits.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must live in New York, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania or California
- Engage with a designated BlueWave point of contact to field target lists and keep administrative needs up to date
- Contact and engage target landowners by verifying contact information, calling, texting, emailing, networking/social networking, and making visits to landowners’ homes or places of work
- Meet weekly with the BlueWave team to ensure alignment and priority and keep target lists up to date
- Communicate with BlueWave team in real-time for landowner updates and negotiations
- Lead negotiations and act as liaison between landowner and BlueWave to close land deals
- Provide BlueWave with all necessary documentation to close out deals, track payments to landowners from BlueWave
- Act as an advocate for the landowner
- Invoice BlueWave for all land deals closed by Land Scout and for all success fees due when projects power on that the Land Scout sourced
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.