Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. Chmura provides labor market software (JobsEQ), consulting, and data so you can make informed decisions that grow your community or organization. Our PhD economists, data scientists, and strategic planners are your guide to the labor market. Chmura understands that good data is the backbone of critical thinking. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to each and every client. Our vision is be the nation's preferred provider of economic research, software, and data solutions.
Chmura Economics & Analytics, LLC (“Chmura”) has exciting opportunity for a full-time SQL Developer to join our growing team.
- Work with, develop, and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Translate model specifications and formulas into production ready SQL queries.
- Debug and optimize poor performing queries.
- Work with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, and Azure DevOps.
- Create and maintain complex data flows leveraging Chmura data processing stack (C# / .NET-based)
- Participate in Kanban by attending daily standup and following best practices for ticketing work.
- Ensure accurate and efficient integration of large variety of data from various sources.
- Work closely with data team to deliver work, implement improvements, and enable new capabilities.
- Work with team to open, track and resolve issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with DevOps team to ensure the availability, performance, and scalability of data warehouse platform and MS SQL Server environments.
- 3+ years of experience
- SQL / T-SQL
- Stored Procedures
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field strongly preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- NET / C#
- Source control (GIT or similar)
- Database Administration
- ETL (SSIS or others)
- Experience with Azure cloud services
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset
- Experience with Agile (Kanban or Scrum)
This position is 100% backend (data) – it is NOT a full-stack position.
Chmura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Chmura promotes a drug-free workplace. Chmura will consider for employment, qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, following applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.