Employment Status: Part-Time, 12 hours per week
Work Schedule: Hours vary according to duties, including nights and weekends
General Job Description:
The Programs Associate researches, connects, and contacts performers, teachers, and other community members to hire them to present at the library. This person also communicates the necessary information to the PR Department and Facilities and facilitates the programs to make sure they are successful. In addition, the Programs Associate attends most programs for quality checks and to manage attendance.
- Reports to the Department Manager
- Supervises work of volunteers who are helping at a program
- Works in cooperation with other department staff members
- Coordinates room usage and other shared resources with appropriate staff from other departments.
- Smile and be friendly: we pride ourselves on our good reputation in the community and strive to be welcoming to all people at our library.
- Display an outgoing, friendly personality and ability to think on your feet.
- Have an Associate’s Degree or higher and/or two or more years of customer service experience in a library, bookstore, or equivalent type of retail space.
- Have excellent Internet skills
- Additional experience in theater, program or event planning a plus.
- Have excellent computer skills and ability to use tools such as Zoom, microphones, projector screens, Mevo cameras or other equipment to present hybrid programs in person and online.
- Possess excellent communication skills. This position communicates regularly with people outside of the Library; professional and courteous communication skills are essential.
- Be able to speak in front of a group to introduce presentations in person and online.
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Manual: enough to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Mobile: enough to navigate library spaces and quickly move around a room to troubleshoot equipment or fetch items for a presentation.
- Visual: able to detect color coding, read documents and a computer screen.
- Communication: Fluent in English, both written and oral. Able to speak and be heard and hear the speech of co-workers and patrons in person and over the phone. Able to be heard by a larger group of people without the aid of a microphone.