Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. Whether you are looking for olive oil, vegetable oil or a specific blend or specialty oil you want a supplier that is known for their quality products, reliability and excellent service, which is precisely how we have built our strong reputation. When putting your name on a Catania product you can be assured of getting the quality and value needed to build a strong brand. We are in need of a strong Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team. This is a new position and an exciting time to be joining Catania Oils.
Overall responsibility for creating and implementing process improvement initiatives. Leads and designs Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Manages all activities for continuous improvement and performance enhancement. Employs Lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Directs process improvement activities that create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that resonates throughout the organization.
2. Identifies, designs, deploys, and manages all continuous improvement activities.
3. Utilizes tools and methodologies including, but not limited to, value and process stream mapping, standard work, workplace design and layout, total predictive maintenance, and 5S to optimize operations efficiencies.
4. Develops new processes, designs and implement procedures to improve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in areas of operations, warehousing, supply chain, finance and other business processes.
5. Directs cross functional teams in process and continuous improvement activities.
6. Prepares product and process reports by collecting and analyzing information. Summarizes information and reports to stake holders.
7. Trains the organization on continuous improvement concepts and methodologies, design concepts, and specification requirements.
8. Champions team on Kaizen, 5S and SMED events.
9. Participates in project work to assist operators achieve improved results.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering/Technology preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Process Improvements advanced training on Six Sigma/ Black Belt preferred
• Lean manufacturing experience
• Project Management Skills
• Experience with statistical analysis, statistical software / financial cost modeling
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• Advanced Excel knowledge
• CAD experience preferred
• Strong analytical abilities
• Ability to effectively lead change and establish credibility.
• Strong team work mentality
Combination of manufacturing work environment and office environment. Majority of work will be conducted on manufacturing floor.
We are a fourth generation, family-owned organization poised for incredible growth. The diversity of our workforce is celebrated. Everyone is valued, treated equally and with respect in a safe and innovative work environment. Our employees continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration and teamwork. To be successful here, you must demand excellence from yourself, be coachable, and commit fully to your goals of your team and the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer