The role of Warehouse Associate is to ensure our facilities operate cleanly, safely and with strict adherence to inventory control processes and procedures. This is key position in our organization and one that requires extensive communication and collaboration with others to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote a safe, injury/accident-free culture.
- Ensures nothing is brought into the warehouse or removed without proper documentation.
- Ensures warehouse, trash containers and subcontractor loadout area is kept clean daily.
- Conduct daily cycle counts and pad cuts for pad gain process.
- Processes and stages material for next day shipment.
- Conducts daily “loadout” of our subcontractor base in a safe and expeditious manner.
- Make suggestions on areas of improvement.
- Works closely with our Warehouse Supervisor and other managers/supervisors to identify best practices in all functional areas.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Experience in a relative position highly desirable
- Works safely always and proactively brings safety concerns to management’s attention.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Functionality in Operations, Process Management and Warehousing.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn.
- Highly collaborative and works well with others.
- Prior forklift operating experience helpful but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a warm to hot environment.
- Must possess the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.