Duarte is a communication agency and training company – we help people influence their audiences to believe and act on ideas. We are experts in using speeches, visual stories, presentations, and the spoken word to move people in moments that matter, from the epic to the everyday.
For over 30 years, we have transformed communication for the world's most successful brands, especially in the technology sector. Our Agency provides creative services for select clients using the Duarte Method™, while our Academy teaches teams and individuals how to use that method in their daily life and work. Through her series of best-selling books, our co-founder and President, Nancy Duarte, has extended the Duarte Method’s reach to millions around the world.
Duarte has the privilege of working with some of the world’s most influential brands, organizations and leaders. As a Contract Communication Trainer, you get to represent Duarte in these opportunities by training thousands of people each year on the Duarte Method of great communication. Your expertise will be integral to our mission to transform millions of people and empower them to be transformational communicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding across the whole portfolio of Duarte Academy IP, ensuring your proficiency to deliver existing and new Academy workshops.
- Accurately deliver workshop content, with an exception of 2 – 4 engagements per month for the 2022 calendar year.
- Demonstrate fluency utilizing all job aids and resources, including full proficiency in the use of Thought Industries for learning resources
- Write detailed, useful debriefs post-workshop and follow-up with internal stakeholders where necessary to gauge and ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Read the room and assess verbal and non-verbal cues, gauging interest levels and the need for breaks.
- Understand pacing, and utilizes it to enhance the learning experience. Adjust pacing to provide contrast, underscore key points. Able to adjust to meet timing requirements without compromising the experience.
- Connect with attendees using personal stories, humor, and engaging personality to increase participation and learning impact.
- Where appropriate, use personal stories and insight to reinforce learning opportunities, and align with audience profile.
Education and/or Experience
- 5 to 7 years work experience in client service, teaching / learning environments, or similar field.
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience facilitating in virtual environments is required.
- Able to demonstrate credibility as authority and/or expert in communication skills.
- Demonstrate Duarte Contract Training is not sole source of income and support with invoices from at least 3 other clients providing similar professional services.
- Must hold business insurance for at least $1M, or attain business insurance within 3 months of providing work services.
- Regular domestic and occasional international travel required. Valid driver’s license and passport required. All necessary vaccinations and shots for international travel are to be maintained.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Windows operating systems. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Outlook for email and scheduling, and web browsers for learning management system access.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.