Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and health care interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing employee-owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Primary purpose: Provide analytic support on client projects and develop SAS code to perform data management and statistical tasks.
A successful candidate will:
- Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects and materials.
- Access and analyze complex data from various sources.
- Manipulate datasets, conduct analyses using SAS, and perform quality checks on analytic deliverables based on client standard operating procedures. Interpret and summarize analytic results and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate analytic advice and statistical methodology effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements.
- Provide results to the project team and clients both verbally and in writing. Results should be reported in an appropriate manner for the audience – i.e., some reports will be highly technical while other reports will be written in layman’s terms.
- Exhibit attention to detail when performing data quality checks, developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results.
- Identify areas for improvement, including methods to increase efficiency and innovation (e.g., automating SAS analyses and output and identifying new programming techniques when appropriate).
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary team members to achieve analytic and programmatic goals.
- Provide assistance to end users by answering questions related to analytic methods, output, and end products.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of related experience in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Data Science, or related discipline.
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy.
- Experience managing large datasets; moving and merging data files from different platforms cleaning and aggregating data and performing quality control.
- Experience in statistical analysis and methodology.
- Ability to attain Public Trust Clearance.
- Master’s degree in public health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Data Science or related discipline.
- Experience reading in a variety of data types into SAS, including XML, JSON, CSV, XSLX, and others.
- Experience with national contracts/datasets.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- This role may require minimal travel to conferences/training to support ongoing development.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.