PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Security Officer.
**This position will have varying schedules/shifts. Preferred candidates should be available to work days or nights, weekends, and holidays.**
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide general unarmed security under direct supervision for the PTHA grounds, facilities, staff, patients, and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Patrol all grounds and buildings, unarmed, every 30 minutes to assure secure conditions and discover any improper activities or conditions including but not limited to: doors, windows, and gates for breaches of security and safety and fire risks.
- Warn rule violators and appropriately handle their behavior up to and including notifying the appropriate external agencies.
- Report all emergency situations, immediately upon observation, to the appropriate authority for resolution.
- Utilize conflict resolution skills to deescalate the situation or person, involving management when necessary.
- Respond to individuals displaying unusual, suspicious or aggressive behavior firmly, but courteously.
- Interface with law enforcement in respect to criminal activities.
- Provide customer service to visitors and employees, such as providing directions, escorting individuals to and from parking areas, providing jump starts to car batteries and unlocking cars.
- Report unsafe, hazardous conditions that require maintenance and facility irregularities immediately on the day of observation, to the Facilities Manager or their designee and recommend solutions.
- Complete required activity reports and documentation including daily logs, incident reports, and work orders by end of work shift.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of electronic card reader system, ability to troubleshoot problems and notifying Supervisor of issues within same day.
- Monitor surveillance cameras and dispatch officers to appropriate areas as required and notifying Supervisor of issues within same day.
- Monitor AED and Fire Extinguishers on a monthly basis as assigned.
- Effectively utilize paging and security communication systems in a timely manner to report urgent situations that may arise. (i.e.: code blue, code yellow, code red, bomb threat)
- Monitor and provide access to secure restroom facilities as required.
- During day shift, check in with all front desk staff in each department and walk and/or be stationed in designated areas or departments as requested.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of recent experience within the last three (3) years as a Security Officer/Guard doing direct customer/client contact via regular patrols
- Experience with badge/card reader and camera systems
- Current valid WA State driver's license
- Ability to meet the physical requirements as evidenced by successful completion of company administered physical and agility evaluation
- Demonstrable ability to operate various computer and electronic software programs and systems
- Ability to demonstrate quality customer service and communication, including the ability to assess and handle typical and crisis situations quickly and effectively