Landon School is committed to the ethical, intellectual, and personal development of boys. We challenge and inspire them to think deeply, individually, and broadly; to live with respect and honor; and to grow into healthy, well-rounded men of integrity and character who seek to make a positive difference in the world around them.
Landon is a diverse community committed to creating an environment where boys are encouraged to strive, reach, and endeavor towards becoming their best selves. This is done through our teacher-coach-mentor model of instruction, our caring and dedicated faculty, and a robust co-curricular program.
Landon School seeks an experienced Varsity Basketball Coach to join our community for the 2024-2025 academic year. The team competes as part of the prestigious Interstate Athletic Conference and annually schedules one of the toughest non-league schedules.
The Head Coach directs and coordinates all aspects of the Varsity Basketball Program and is responsible for overseeing all grade level teams in accordance with the mission of the school.
· Fulfill the Teacher-Coach-Mentor responsibilities and will promote character building, teamwork, and sportsmanship in accordance with the Landon Code of Character.
· Prepare and run practices.
· Coach games.
· Coordinate travel as needed.
· Mentor assistant coaches.
· Manage appropriate media outlets related to the basketball program.
· Working with families of prospective student-athletes.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree is preferred).
· 3-5 years of successful high school coaching and/or college coaching experience. Head coaching experience strongly preferred.
· Prior teaching experience and/or work experience with youth preferred. Ability to listen, reflect, and connect with students.
· A proven record of developing the whole person through athletic experience.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.