- Maintain and enhance embedded software for existing product lines.
- Own the embedded software system design cycle from requirements through launch and beyond.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software.
- Integrate, verify and validate new product designs and design changes.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Interface with a cross-functional engineering team.
- Support the Tech Support team with intimate product knowledge.
- Contribute to a fun and innovative work environment.
- Work in an Agile environment using Atlassian toolset
- Up to 10% travel possible
- Degree in Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong understanding of computer architecture and embedded software development best practices, with significant experience in low level development and programming.
- Familiarity with various ARM architectures (e.g. Cortex M4, M7, etc.).
- Familiarity with security basics (e.g. TrustZone, security certificates, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication interfaces, such as SPI, I2C, I2S, UART, CAN, USB, BLE, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet.
- Ability to read schematics to troubleshoot, debug and bring up new hardware using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers and in-circuit emulators.
- Mastery of C language programming as it pertains to an embedded environment.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Familiarity with OOP design principles.
- Real time development experience with and without an RTOS.
- Experience programing peripheral hardware at the register level.
- 3+ years’ experience in embedded software development and writing C and/or assembly code for microcontrollers such as Microchip PIC, Freescale/NXP, ST, Cortex M3/M0 and Atmel.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills. Highly technical, quickly grasping how things work. Presents technical concepts, ideas, and information in terms that both engineers and non-engineers can understand.
- Motivated by continuous learning and development.
- Functions well in a small company/startup environment. (High visibility, accountability and development velocity)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively with a cross functional team.
- Disciplined engineering approach.
- Differentiates value added activities from waste.
- Demonstrates systems thinking.