To provide after school and weekend recreation supports for children, teens, and adults. Activities include, but are not limited to art therapy, expressive play, movies, swimming, day trips, etc.
- ·After School Recreation: provide respite support services to school aged children. To assist with the development of skills and socialization with peers.
- ·Gap Program/Free Play: provide daytime support to school aged children. Provide support, engagement, and participate in scheduled activities with school aged children.
- ·Friday Night Owls: program provides staff support to work on physical, emotional, social, financial, and creative wellness skills to teens and adults.
- ·Saturday Recreation: provide support to teens and adults while working together during a variety of social activities.
- To promote maximum independence and self-worth, while facilitating recreational opportunities.
- To provide for, ensure the safety of the people receiving supports/services and to adhere to any medical or other needs.
- To assist with activities of daily living.
- To independently transport multiple participants to designated recreation sites.
- To operate, agency/own vehicles in compliance with agency policies/procedures, and traffic laws.
- To maintain courteous and professional conduct at all times while on duty.
- To attend any trainings, meetings, updates medical requirements necessary/required. To acquire and maintain all required certifications in accordance with agency policy.
- Any and all other duties requested by supervisor.
Hourly pay rates starting at $16/hr up to $20/hr. Additional incentives may be available.
Responsible to: Assistant Director of Community Habilitation and Respite Services/Designee
Part-time and Full-time positions available.
- High School diploma/GED is preferred
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to agency insurance standards (Valid insurance card and registration necessary if using own vehicle)
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
- CPR/First AID Certification (training provided)
- Lifting/transferring minimum of 50lbs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of those receiving services.
- Adherence to the agency policies, including attendance policy.