Synapse ITS is looking for an energetic and results-driven Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to manage products through the entire life cycle, from introduction to growth, maturity, and decline. This includes deciding when to invest in updates or enhancements, and when to retire or replace products. As the PMM, you will be responsible for portfolio optimization, pricing, value proposition, VOC/VOM collection, opportunity assessment, new product introductions, and portions of the annual strategic planning process. Reporting directly to our Chief Strategy Officer, you will create opportunities that add value
through synergizing the four product brands (Carmanah Technologies, Polara Enterprises, Eberle Design,
Inc, and Diablo Controls) across the Synapse-ITS platform.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaboration & Cross-Functional Leadership: Work closely with cross-functional teams including applications, engineering, sales, marketing communications, manufacturing, quality, and business development to ensure alignment on product specifications, messaging, and positioning. Foster strong relationships with internal teams and external partners, providing regular updates on portfolio performance and investment strategies.
- Technology & Innovation: Stay abreast of technological advancements and industry trends to identify opportunities for innovation and ensure the product portfolio remains competitive.
- Product Prioritization: Evaluate existing and potential new products to determine which one’s align with the company’s strategic objectives and product roadmaps. This will include assessing factors such as revenue potential, market demand, profitability, competition, and resources.
- Cross-Product Synergies: Identify opportunities for product hybridization amongst the brands that enhance the customer experience and elevate Synapse in the traffic ecosystem.
- Portfolio Optimization: Continually evaluate and adjust the product mix to optimize yields/manufacturability, obsolescence, gross margins, order quantities, regulatory changes, and capex investment for growth.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough research to identify trends, target markets, applications, geographies, and the competitive landscape to drive product development and investment decisions.
- Customer Feedback & Validation: Collect voice-of-the customer (VOC) via surveys, interviews, focus groups, social media, online reviews, and customer support interactions to drive product development, improved customer satisfaction, and overall business success.
- Content Creation: Working with marcom, create compelling product content: data sheets, sales guides, and webinars that establish Synapse as a thought leader in the traffic industry.
- Sales Enablement: Create demand gen campaigns in targeted high growth areas that utilize CRM tools and align focus with the sales channel. Lead product and market training for internal teams, channel partners, consultants, and end users. Coordinate messaging, participation, and follow-up from tradeshows.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in data-driven decision making
- Define product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audience
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for product launches, working closely with cross-functional teams: sales, marketing communications, engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs, trends, regulatory, and competitive insights
- High emotional intelligence and ability to navigate complex interpersonal dynamics
- Price positioning, price elasticity, and creating value propositions
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to influence, motivate, lead, and drive change
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful commercial strategies
- Financial acumen and understanding of revenue and profitability drivers
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers and partners (internal & external)
- Familiarity with CRM tools and systems
- A high level of integrity, intellectual curiosity, and being self-aware of own capabilities/limits.
- 10+ years of commercial leadership experience, including product management, product marketing, business development, and or marketing communication experience.
- Selling a blend of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and software-related long-cycle products
- A strategic/analytical and results-driven thinker with the ability to plan, direct, and lead a robustcommercial organization.
- Proven ability to operate across functions managing multiple deliverables against deadlines.
- Experience managing a product line P&L, including utilizing financial reporting tools.
- Track record of driving revenue growth and profitability in previous roles
- Experience developing and using dashboards and tracking metrics (KPIs) to help stakeholders monitor their performance and focus on the key drivers of the business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
Up to 20% travel