Come smile with us!
Are you a highly collaborative individual looking for an opportunity to use your strong organization, event planning and problem-solving skills in a positive and community focused organization? Do you thrive on complex planning and have a keen eye for details? Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates to apply for our Board and Executive Support Partner. This position will support our Boards of Directors including Delta Dental of Iowa and the Veratrus Companies as well as our Finance and Human Resources teams. This is an opportunity to work in partnership with the CEO and CEO Assistant to prepare for Board of Director and related committee meetings and provide overall administrative support. This position requires professionalism, ability to cultivate relationships with internal and external partners, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs and priorities. You will have discretion and confidentiality in handling information and positively represent Delta Dental.
Why Delta Dental of Iowa?
For your smile. For your health. For your community.
At Delta Dental of Iowa, we’re more than just a dental and vision insurance company. Improving health and wellness is at the center of everything we do. As a not-for-profit, we aim to build stronger communities by investing in actions that promote and improve health. Delta Dental of Iowa invests 40% of our dollars directly back into the communities we serve.
Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Together, we can make a difference – not only in Iowa but across the country.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide executive support to the Boards of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, schedule management, file maintenance, expense reimbursement reporting, and travel arrangements completed in a pro-active manner, and within established timeframes.
- Compile meeting materials for Board and Board committee meetings and handle distribution of packets to Board members prior to Board and Board Committee meetings. Assist in presentation development and refinement.
- Set timelines and work with executive team to meet distribution deadlines.
- Draft Board and committee agendas and maintain corporate records according to bylaws and charters.
- Facilitate Director meeting remuneration and initiate Director personal expense reimbursement process.
- Serve as the Board Portal administrator and in that capacity manage user accounts, boards and committees, user privileges, reports and data, system settings and vendor relationship.
- Serve as primary support to the Board Chair President and CEO, and Board Secretary at the Board of Directors’ meetings. Take Board and assigned committee meeting minutes and prepare draft minutes in an organized format.
- In partnership with the President and CEO and CEO assistant, assist planning and coordination of the Annual Board Planning Retreat, Board events and meetings, and provide support to facilitators, outside speakers, and consultants to ensure their requirements are met.
- Facilitate the annual meeting and director election process.
- Coordinate and prepare travel arrangements and itineraries as requested for the board members and consultants.
- Manage Board and Committee meeting schedules, calendar maintenance, and contact list updates for the Board. Draft annual calendar for recommendation.
- Support Board education activities, including onboarding and new directors.
- Manage and support meeting technology as needed, including hybrid meeting requirements.
- Provide administrative support to Finance and Human Resources leadership.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information.
- Present a professional image to internal and external contacts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an executive assistant to Executive or Board level leadership or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting the generation of Board of Director meeting materials and minute preparation preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to compose written correspondence from general direction.
- Excellent editing, proofreading, grammar, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess initiative, be highly adaptive, and possess ability to work independently while efficiently managing multiple tasks and comfortable juggling tasks from the mundane to the strategic.
- Strong sense of business professionalism and discretion to work with confidential data and situations.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.