The A/V Technician reports to the A/V Production Services Manager and assists in the support of AV technical services for Whitefield Academy including events, AV equipment, and AV operations across campus facilities. This person provides the Whitefield community with expert audio, lighting, and video technical consultation and support for productions, chapels, concerts, assemblies, speakers, and special events. This position requires some evening and weekend work.
- Support meeting and events
- Set up and manage all audio, lighting, and video equipment, providing maintenance and recommendations for repair or replacements of in-house equipment
- Proactively perform preventative maintenance to resolve problems or identify solutions
- Regular maintenance and functionality checks of audiovisual and presentation technologies
- Troubleshoot and rectify critical AV System failures that affect end-users
- Assist with installations
- Run equipment for staff meetings/functions that require the use of installed or mobile AV infrastructure.
- Interact with Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end-user requests and work orders
- Ensure all meeting space technology is presentable for use
- Provide AV support for local and remote offsite meetings
- Adhere to the bylaws, policies, and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions
- Other duties as assigned by the A/V Production Services Manager and Administration
Required Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Working knowledge of professional audiovisual equipment.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understanding and knowledge of AV practices and procedures, as well as event set-up, staging, and strike.
- Hard and soft video conferencing experience including operation, call set-up, and equipment troubleshooting
- Cable management, termination, and testing knowledge
- Ability to understand AV System design and signal flow
- Ability to use AV control systems to start and run meetings
- Clear and positive communication skills and an accommodating attitude is required
- Ability to develop rapport with staff, students, and parents, demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- This position requires some evening and weekend work; must be willing and flexible to work evening and weekend events.
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ.
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
- Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture.
- Evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.
- Be actively involved in a local church.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in an office, and secondarily in a classroom. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 25 pounds often, and between 25 and 50 pounds regularly; carrying up to 10 pounds regularly, and between 10 and 50 pounds intermittently; climbing/balancing, stooping, and crawling intermittently; pushing/pulling, reaching, walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and crouching regularly; and sitting often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This 10-month, full-time position will begin as soon as possible. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.