As a Senior Software Engineer:
You will be responsible for the development, planning, testing and deployment of Navvis solutions to support multiple agile centered development teams. Additionally, the Engineer must develop and manage the post-deployment production support environment including the ownership of the monitoring and reporting tools. This position is responsible for continuously improving our IT strategy that focuses on source control, build pipelines, static analysis, test automation, deployments, production application monitors and alerts. The Senior Support Engineer will assist in production emergencies, break fixes and perform regular analysis on the production environment to proactively identify potential issues before they develop into business impacting issues.
This position will be called upon to lead various improvement initiatives that are focused on improving the customer experience, that create operational efficiencies, that provide operational innovation, and those that enable scale through improved performance standards, process mechanization, and further automation. The Engineer will work closely with product development teams and partner organizations to understand and incorporate new technologies and processes into the existing environment.
A Day in the Life:
• Provide detailed technical analysis and performance tuning of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met.
• Provide subject matter expertise for assigned project.
• Perform analysis of system requirements, elaborate into user stories and acceptance criteria in an Agile methodology format.
• Facilitate scoping sessions and lead review sessions of technical requirements/stories.
• Produce complete analysis documentation of system requirements.
• Identify gaps in requirements.
• Identify dependencies between teams.
• Monitor production application performance.
• Ensure all alert and notification processes are functioning as expected.
• Hunger for Systems and Technical knowledge – constantly analyzing and innovating new, better approaches to enhance our applications.
What success looks like in this role:
• Professional verbal, written communication and organizational skills
• Proven experience with deployment tools and practices
• Extensive knowledge and use of source control tools
• Understanding of configuration management tools
• Experience with system and application monitoring tools
• Previous responsibility for the performance and scalability of web-based applications
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 10 or more years of related software development work
• Management and development experience with Off-The-Shelf and open source monitoring tools and related Best Practices
• Experience and practical use of Agile Methodologies
• Research and analysis skills including the ability to document results
• Strong interest in emerging technologies
• Professional communication skills
• Extensive experience with health care-related information systems