Azure Cloud Database Administrator
As we transition to the Azure cloud, this role will be instrumental in ensuring the seamless
migration, management, and optimization of our databases. The ideal candidate will have a deep
understanding of Microsoft SQL 2014 & 2019, Microsoft AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Azure SQL
databases, and other Azure database offerings, particularly CosmosDB.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Database Administrator, with a focus on Microsoft SQL
• Proven experience migrating on-premise databases to Azure cloud-based solutions.
• Extensive knowledge of Azure database offerings, especially Azure SQL Database and
• Proficient in TSQL development, including writing and optimizing complex queries.
• Strong understanding of database security, backup, and recovery procedures.
• Familiarity with Azure monitoring tools and performance tuning techniques.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Lead the migration of on-premise Microsoft SQL databases to Azure cloud-based solutions.
• Administer, monitor, and optimize Azure SQL databases and CosmosDB instances.
• Develop, implement, and maintain TSQL scripts, stored procedures, and other database
• Ensure database security by setting up appropriate roles, permissions, and firewalls in the
• Collaborate with the development and IT teams to design and implement database
architectures that support application requirements.
• Provide guidance on best practices for database design, backup, recovery, and performance
tuning in the Azure environment.
• Monitor database performance and capacity, making recommendations for scaling and
• Stay updated with the latest Azure database offerings and technologies, ensuring our
company leverages the best tools available.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting for database-related issues.
• Document processes, architectures, and best practices for database management in the