Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor ensures the overall aspects of the community meet the established standards for safety, aesthetics, and operations within the budgeted financial goals. Other key functions of this position include exterior building maintenance, pool, plus all other areas related to the day-to-day functions of the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Directly supervises and monitors maintenance staff and any outside vendors
- Performs maintenance duties and assists maintenance staff as necessary
- Continually inspects property for improvements, immediately reporting any deficiencies to the Board of Directors and Association Business Manager
- Establishes a preventative maintenance program with Board of Directors and the Association Business Manager.
- Communicates with the Association Business Manager on a weekly basis to track and complete any building or maintenance projects; reports any maintenance work performed in-house to the Association Business Manager on a weekly basis.
- Instills the confidence of residents through communication and interactions of a friendly, patient and caring manner
- Performs light electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; touch up paint and ensure property is well cared for; manages complicated maintenance projects through the Association Business Manager.
- Inspects and supervises all vendors who work on or maintain building equipment, including the pool equipment, chiller, boilers, etc.
- Knowledgeable of building systems including water shut-offs, electrical cut-offs, etc.
- Responsible for snow removal that includes emergency and after-hours snow removal
- Responds to all emergency maintenance calls immediately between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday; determines problems and solutions, or contacts the Association Business Manager for assistance; responds to after hours call from the Association Business Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies; reports all issues, day or night, to the Association Business Manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of common area amenities, including clubhouse, and pool area.
- Orders, receives and maintains all supplies for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building.
- Replaces light bulbs as needed in all common areas.
- Removes weeds and trash (including animal waste) from the rock and flowerbeds around the building the days the cleaning/ground staff is off.
- Performs other activities as requested by the Association Business Manager or Board of Directors
- Other Duties as assigned
- Self starter/managed
- Demonstrate working level knowledge of the guidelines for maintaining facilities along with the application of different types of maintenance issues.
- Must understand documentation used for controlling maintenance activities, preventative maintenance, scheduling priorities and record keeping.
- Able to communicate technical details to all levels of experience
- Ability to identify and utilize resources and stay within budget
- Maximize production at the lowest cost, the highest quality and within optimum safety standards.
- Respectful and responsive to home owners and resident inquiries and concerns
- Able to prepare a scope of work, analyze bids, and make recommendations
- Able to supervise staff
- Calm under pressure, lead with integrity
Core Competencies (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Attention to Detail - Total task accomplishment through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Research/Analysis - gathering information from various sources, comparing and weighing information to make logical decisions.
- Initiative - Attempts to influence events and achieve goals; self-starting rather than passive acceptance. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, responsibilities or people.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements
- Must have proven ability to effectively and successfully work with staff, vendors, residents, Board of Directors, and Association Business Manager
- Must possess great customer service and organizational aptitude.
- Must be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to Association standards
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Must be dependable/reliable and follow through on commitments, pitching in to get the job completed
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be available for weekends, overtime and on-call hours.
- Must have extensive experience in landscaping and horticulture of maintenance grounds
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of previous experience in HOA, Apartment / Multi Family maintenance
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
Full time Hammersmith employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick, vacation and personal time and much more!