The Village School is looking for a dynamic person to help lead and continue building our Varsity Volleyball program. The Varsity Head Coach will be the program director for all aspects of the program(s). He/she will be responsible for the development and growth of the programs here at TVS.
The head girls volleyball coach position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student-athletes and assistant coaches within our program. The head coach will instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to reach a degree of individual and team success. The head coach will report and work closely with the Athletic Director and the rest of the athletic department to determine goals and direction of the program.
The head coach is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of every student-athlete participating in their program for the Village School Naples. The head coach will also uphold the mission and vision of the Village School of Naples Naples.
This position will begin late summer of 2024.
- Coordinates the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes within the program
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end analyzes effectiveness of the season
- Verify that all student athletes have all forms and paperwork turned into the athletic trainers office before athletes are allowed to try out, and participate
- Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of assistant coaches
- Develop and organize effective practices for athletes that teach the skills and strategies needed to compete at the high school level
- Communicate throughout the season to make sure athletes and parents are aware of practice times and game times
- Demonstrates and generates a positive attitude, and one of good sportsmanship by adhering to the mission and values set forth by the Village School
- Reviews the Village School Naples athletic handbook before the season, begins and informs, parents and athletes of team rules, expectations, and any other pertinent information
- Provides for the health and safety of student, athletes and team members at practices, games, and transportation to and from games when available. This also includes making sure school vehicles and practice areas are in order pre-and post game.
- Is open in communication and forms proper relationships with athletes, parents, school, staff members, and media
- Works hand-in-hand with the athletic department in determining what equipment and uniform needs are for the season
- Works hand-in-hand with the varsity coach and developing and implementing practice plans
- Attends pre-and post season coaches meetings
- Works with the athletic department on game, scores, game stats, and any help that may be needed or other duties assigned
- Helps arrange postseason awards
- Previous volleyball, coaching experience (club, high school, collegiate preferred)
- Demonstrates proficiency in instruction and sound understanding of technical aspects of the sport
- NFHS fundamentals of coaching, concussion training, sudden, cardiac arrest training, first aid/CPR training completed that will be assigned by our athletic trainer
- Teaching positions may be available
- Bachelor’s degree of higher education