Position: Member Services Representative
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Manager, Member Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Pay Grade: 13
Establish a relationship with members throughout the customer journey and beyond. Provide extraordinary customer service, communicate effectively, advocate for members, and work to retain them.
- Handle phone calls and emails.
- Identify and resolve errors within service requests.
- Update member account files
- Handle confidential information.
- Ensure timely processing of all transactions handled in addition to calls.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Customer Satisfaction
- Measurement of Service Level Standards
- Adaptability: Employee is open to new ideas and ways of doing business and adopts change willingly.
- Communication: Employee expresses thoughts and ideas in a clear and effective manner. Employee communicates directly and provides meaningful information to others to generate support.
- Continuous Improvement: Employee seeks opportunities to improve current processes, systems, and methods to promote reliability, quality, and efficiency of output.
- Customer Service: Employee delivers exceptional customer service.
- Delivering Results: Employee commits to achieving objectives, holds oneself accountable, and follows through.
- Learning Agility: Employee learns quickly and applies newly learned information and skills to innovate, adapt, and uses feedback to improve.
- Makes Sound Decisions: Employee makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Relationship Management: Employee builds and maintains meaningful and positive connections with others inside or outside of the organization.
- Resilience: Employee responds to challenges with composure, optimism, and hardiness; employee perseveres and exhibits healthy stress management strategies.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Employee cooperates with others through mutual trust and accountability to accomplish shared objectives.
- Work Organization: Employee approaches work in an orderly manner; prioritizing tasks and managing time effectively.
- Service liaison with NYL service associates and underwriting team (level I, II & III)
- Handle all new applications assigned (level I, II & III)
- Issue and mail policies assigned (level I, II & III)
- Handle address changes (level I, II & III)
- Beneficiary change processing (level I, II & III)
- Address and revolve member service inquiries via phone and email (level I, II & III)
- Handle billing calls (level II & III)
- Handle claim calls (level II & III)
- Handle increase processing (level II & III)
- Handle claim processing (level II & III)
- Educate prospective members on product and service offerings (level II & III)
- Advidor - application intake (level II & level III)
- Tester for policy administration and NYL systems (level III)
- Conference attendee (level III)
- Data cleanup/resolution handling (level III)
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all assigned duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience in a company's Data Processing or Call Center role.
- Obtain a Life and Health Producer License within 6 months in the role.
- Pass LOMA 280 exam within 1 year in the role.
- Pass LOMA 290 exam within 2 years in the role.
- LOMA ACS (Associate Customer Service) Designation within 3 years in the role.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Ability to show empathy appropriately
- Attention to detail skills
- Opportunistic upselling skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Complementary medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Generous 401k contribution from the employer
- Paid federal holidays
- Generous PTO
- Annual wellness advance