The Preschool Classroom Teaching Assistant reports to the Director of Clarke Pennsylvania. This position is 10 months plus 5-weeks in the summer with general hours from 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare for activities as they relate specifically to the individual student. (i.e., Learning Centers, Art projects).
- Decorate and keep classroom attractive and relevant to the student and their individual needs.
- Organize classroom to meet the language and motor needs as directed by Lead/Classroom Teacher.
- Attend required staff and related meetings.
- Keep certifications current (i.e., CPR/First Aid etc.).
- Prepare needs list for supplies for relevant classroom needs if the individual student.
- Keep communication current with Lead Teacher, Director and School District.
- Attend all field trips to assist child with support in the development of auditory speech and language skills development as it relates to the theme of the field trip.
- Maintain professional dress as well as professional attitude.
- Treat children, parents, other teachers with respect and dignity.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with young children (3-6 years)
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree, in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Patience and flexibility; ability to relate to young children and adults
- Lesson planning skills
- Assist lead classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a class of eight children between the ages of three years to six years of age.
- Some college coursework in early childhood education as well as as well as experience in the field of early childhood education.
Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination: Clarke Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment.Clarke Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discrimination on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment.The Chief Human Resource Officer, Karen Katsanos, MA, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, 45 Round Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01060, telephone number 413-582-1155, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Clarke Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Clarke Schools may be referred to Karen Katsanos or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, at 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone number 800-421-3481.