Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economic and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for merchants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
Go to www.newmarkmerrill.com to learn more about the company and its culture.
- Responsible for entering cash receipts for 400+ tenants and ensure proper application.
- Responsible for entering all tenant charges such as utility bills, quarterly CAM billings, tax billings, regular tenant bill-backs, late fees, legal fees, etc.
- Assist with entering new leases and tenant information into the system for approximately 30 properties and approximately 500 tenants.
- Assist with reviewing lease abstracts and ensure correct set up in system.
- Review monthly rent-up report and make sure all charges are correct and in accordance to tenants’ lease agreements.
- Work closely with Property Accountants to ensure all rent increases, percentage rents, and other tenant charges are processed before rent statements are generated.
- Post monthly rent charges and mail out statements by set-forth deadline.
- 3+ yrs experience in A/R and lease administration for retail shopping centers.
- Experience with MRI or Yardi property management software (MRI preferred).
- Be able to read and interpret commercial retail leases.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Must be extremely organized and be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.