FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Ideal candidate must reside within 45 minutes of Boise, ID
Remote - WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, Northern CA, Reno, NV
The District Sales Manager (DSM) will achieve and/or exceed sales targets for assigned territories and offer customer-facing sales responsibility for their assigned territory. Through focusing on key dealer/ranges, the DSM will provide dealers with programs, product training, promotional support and other tools to assist in growing sales of the FN brand.
- Achieves/exceeds FN America sales volume targets for assigned territory.
- Builds a territory sales development plan that ensures key accounts are contacted on a regular basis.
- Develops account sales and marketing strategies for top dealers and ranges.
- Implements approved sales programs for assigned territory. Meets program goals for assigned territories.
- Assesses dealer needs and provides the necessary level of support to grow the FN brand.
- Identifies product gaps in key accounts within territory and implements sell in plan to expand product placement.
- Successfully sells in and executes push and pull promotions for assigned territory.
- Plans and executes FN America shooting events and promotional events with the key accounts for assigned territory.
- Monitors and reports on competitive activity.
- Conducts product training sessions for key accounts.
- Supports the FN America brand by working distributor, buying group, and key dealer trade shows and events as requested.
- Investigates and resolves customer service complaints.
- Manages spending by not exceeding assigned expense and Territory Development Fund (TDF) budget.
- Submits weekly travel/call schedules.
- Incentivizes dealer sales staff through participation in the FN Dealer Rewards Program.
- Assists with on-site branding and merchandising.
- Monitors online dealer pricing to ensure Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) compliance.
- Provides on-site technical support.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
Five years of sales, marketing, and customer service experience with a branded consumer products leader, preferably in the sporting goods product category, is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required to successfully perform this position include:
- Strong ability to plan ahead an over a one-to-two-year time frame.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of a variety of firearm operating systems and competitor products.
- Employee training and development experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
- National Rifle Association Range Safety Officer or similar qualification is required.
- Position works remotely with extensive travel in the assigned territory and to the corporate headquarters or production facility required (up to 80%).
- Must be able to carry up to 70 lbs. of product unassisted.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor