The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for assisting Property Management leaders and Asset Managers in the financial analysis and management of multifamily real estate assets throughout the Sunbelt, predominantly in Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze monthly property financials, monthly property cash flow, as well as key property metrics
- Track key property metrics as well as communicate results of property operations and budget variances for senior management and investor relations team
- Work with in-house management company to summarize business plans and performance at each property in assigned portfolio
- Perform and document on-site property visits (monthly/quarterly/annual). Report inspection results and recommendations to senior management
- Monitor and report on construction budgets and timing
- Model and communicate future property cash requirements and future monthly cashflow projections
- Become an active member of the due diligence team for assets to be acquired, which includes on-sight property inspections, reviewing and analyzing third party reports, property contract reviews, lease audits or other tasks as needed
- Create and/or utilize financial models to analyze investment and disposition opportunities
- Prepare property narratives for quarterly investor reports
- Research, analyze and summarize pertinent market data
- Review proposed budgets provided by and compare to original pro forma and future modeling
- Monitor and administer loan covenants including reserve/loan draws, monitor lender covenants.
- Work with senior management to propose periodic property distributions
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience in asset management, financial analyst, underwriting or fund-level management involving commercial real estate (education may be a substitute for experience)
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Strong listener. A detailed oriented self-starter.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple senior managers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly, achieve results, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction
- Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting or Real Estate
- Yardi experience and advanced Excel functions a plus
- Argus experience and knowledge a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.