Job Title: Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
Reports To: Artistic Director/Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Annual Full-time
Pay Tier: 5
Compensation: $40,000-45,000 annually depending on qualifications. Competitive
benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, voluntary supplemental benefits, 401(k), vacation, sick time, personal time, and paid holidays.
The executive assistant/board liaison provides administrative support to the artistic director and executive director, supporting their calendars, meetings, and other clerical tasks. The individual in this position will also provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees, supporting the executive director in committee meeting reminders, agendas and pre-read distribution, and preparing and recording meeting minutes. This role will have regular communication with the development department, donors, senior staff, and trustees. The work is generally of a critical or confidential nature and can include analytical and specialized administrative support. This staff member may also handle special projects such as execute research; some data analysis tasks; collection, preparation and drafting of information for use in presentations; coordination of activities between departments and outside parties; and working with company personnel at all organizational levels to schedule meetings, gather information, and prepare agendas, minutes, and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Executive Leadership Support
- Schedule appointments, meetings and travel for artistic director and executive director
- Manage and track expenses for artistic director and executive director, and assist in reconciling executive director and artistic director’s credit card expenses
- Manage the administrative priorities of the executive director and artistic director and help to solve conflicting priorities
- Maintain the artistic director and executive director’s calendars, including but not limited to email and phone communications to arrange and manage their schedules; and coordination of calls, Zoom meetings and confirmations with multiple parties
- Manage and maintain shared company calendar in consultation with senior management
- Draft and type written correspondence for artistic director and executive director
- Perform clerical tasks for office of artistic director and executive director and coordinate with other departments, as necessary
- Conduct research and complete special projects, as assigned
- Provide general support to artistic director and executive director, including but not limited to small tasks and requests appropriate to the workplace
- Support Trinity Rep in fostering our core values of Company, Community, and Education and in our work to become an anti-racist institution
- Other duties as assigned
Board Liaison Responsibilities
- Organize logistics for all Board of Trustees and Board Committee meetings and manage general board correspondence for all committees
- Assist in fundraising and donor cultivation efforts and events, as needed
- Maintain administrative systems in relevant areas, as needed, including board, donor, and ticket database and files
- Support board chair, committee chairs, and staff leads to facilitate in-person and Zoom meetings of the board and board committees, including confirming agendas, sending reminder communications, tracking RSVPs, distributing materials and minutes, confirming meeting space and technology support, and coordinating room set-up and breakdown as appropriate
- Record minutes for full board meetings, and record or coordinate the recording of minutes for each of the standing committees of the board (currently 10)
- Maintain current board files, bylaws, committee lists, and contact information for current and prospective trustees
- Coordinate catering for meetings as needed
This is not a supervisory position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Demonstrate 1-2 years’ experience in administration, business, or office management; strong administrative and organizational skills; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Have an aptitude for maintaining multiple clear lines of communication in a fast-moving work environment. Experience in organizational, written/oral communication, and interpersonal relationship building.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and develop business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, volunteers, artists, and patrons in writing, by telephone, and through face-to-face conversation.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and proficiency in internet software, spreadsheet software, PowerPoint or presentation creation, and Word processing software. Have a high level of comfort managing the technology, including but not limited to Google Calendar, Outlook calendars, iCal, Zoom, Doodle, Calendly, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 90 percent of the time
- Must be able to regularly move about inside office spaces to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, computer printer)
- Must be able to exchange information, discuss, express oneself and communicate in a professional manner
- Must have the physical ability to move objects weighing up to 15 pounds for office functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to work nights and weekends up to 15% of the time
- This job does not require travel
- All Trinity Rep employees are required to have a COVID19 vaccination and at least one booster shot
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit www.trinityrep.com/antiracism.