The Field Service Technician (Sweeper/Scrubber Division) will troubleshoot, repair, and perform scheduled maintenance on fuel powered (I.C.) and electric sweepers/scrubbers as well as other related material handling equipment based on customer needs and requirements in the field.
Perform repairs on sweepers/scrubbers and various types of industrial equipment on-site at customer locations. Work with the Service Coordinator and respond to service calls. Communicate with the customer contact and their staff to provide their sweeper/scrubber and material handling needs. Responsible for identifying larger jobs and communicating with the customer and the office staff to handle these repairs and rental needs.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic to complex repairs of sweepers/scrubbers
- Perform thorough sweeper scrubber inspections to identify any repairs that are needed. Write down and report all findings of potential or additional repairs necessary on every work order
- Consult with customers regarding needed repairs or additional maintenance items that are needed
- Must follow all safety procedures and safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, etc.
- The ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments
- Keep pace with industry innovations to make sound recommendations to customers
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Manage billable time and work in process efficiently
- Paperwork and documentation must be neat, clean, legible, and organized
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and management
- Clear penmanship and ability to record accurate information
- Must have excellent driving record
- Responsible for upkeep and safe operation of service vehicle.
- Manage truck stock and order parts needed for jobs through the parts department
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 75 lbs.)
- Must have basic computer skills
- Attend training classes and online courses as required
Work Experience Requirements
2-3 years of relevant experience
High School Diploma/GED
Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting, and reaching, etc. Must be able to work in tight spaces and on the ground. Work is performed in a maintenance environment with potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, or solvents which require knowledge of proper safety procedures. Work is performed at customer locations, including manufacturing, warehouses, and cold storage facilities and in other (sometimes) difficult or outdoor environments. May include working in our shop area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace