North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation (Advanced Energy) is a nonprofit energy consulting firm headquartered on NC State University’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh, NC. We strive to ensure that energy is clean, affordable, reliable, efficient and safe for all people. We work with electric utilities; state, federal and local governments; manufacturers and a variety of public and private partners in five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, renewables and electric transportation.
At Advanced Energy, we know that our organization thrives only when our employees are valued and supported. You will be aided in your career goals and be put in a position to excel. You’ll work on teams that promote idea sharing and challenge you to learn and expand your expertise. You’ll also be encouraged to seek work-life balance, with flexible hybrid schedules and an array of leave options so you can spend time with family and pursue personal interests.
We are also committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our staff is the most valuable resource we have, and we appreciate that our employees come from varied backgrounds, cultures and experiences. By providing a supportive and respectful environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, Advanced Energy makes a lasting, positive difference in all of the work we do.
Benefits – Visit our website for more information and a full list of employee benefits – www.advancedenergy.org.
The Director of Finance and Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic and operational direction and managing and developing staff for the finance/accounting and HR functions of Advanced Energy and North Carolina GreenPower.
- Support Executive Leadership to provide visionary and strategic leadership for the organization
- Ensure clear reporting structures throughout their department(s)
- Ensure clear flow of information and cooperation with other departments
- Assist in the development of annual and long-range business plans and strategies, ensuring they adequately plan for the company’s future development and growth. Regularly review department progress on such plans
- Stay abreast of current and future customer requirements and market trends; and contribute to the development of appropriate action plans to ensure long-term competitiveness and sustainability in the marketplace
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the company
- Build relationships and a corporate culture that values people and respectful interactions at all levels
- Analyze financial statements and other performance indicators to identify strengths and weaknesses for the corporations
- Provide strategic and operational guidance and collaborate with the organizational leadership team to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and adherence to best practices across the organization
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals by supplying technical and leadership expertise on accounting and finance
- Ensure effective, compliant, and timely financial and accounting reporting in support of the executive decision-making and for external state, federal entities and governing bodies
- Provide expertise and leadership to the accounting/finance team
- Provide high level oversight of payroll and related tax filings and ensure effective connection with compensation analysis and administration
- Lead the development of corporate budgets, forecasts, and financial analysis of services
- Prepare for and support financial audits
- Provide leadership in human resources management, ensuring the development and execution of successful human resources strategies, policies, systems, processes, and talent management that support AE’s mission and vision
- Collaborate with the organizational leadership team to ensure compliance with the state and federal regulations and adherence to best practices
- Oversee Human Resources Information System (HRIS), compensation and benefits, recruitment, staffing and Affirmative Action, performance management, training and development, employee relations, policy administration and organization planning/management, and ensure legal compliance with state and federal laws governing employment
- Develop and manage HR Staff
- CPA, bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 10+ years of management experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Expert operational manager with clearly demonstrated strategic leadership and talent management capabilities
- Advanced skills in accounting software such as Unanet, HRIS such as Paylocity and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and communication skills is required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills is required
- Effective problem analysis and resolution at both the strategic and functional levels
- Must be exceptional at relationship building and collaboration
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
This job requires the individual to work indoors in a normal office environment. The duties and responsibilities of this position may include the ability to remain in a stationary position for most of the time. The individual will operate the computer, printer and other office equipment to perform the job and may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access files and other office machinery. The individual will spend an extended number of hours in front of a computer screen and will frequently interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in an appropriate manner. The job may require occasional lifting or moving of boxes or objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Up to 25% travel.
This is a hybrid, exempt full-time position. There may be occasions where the hours of work may vary, be irregular, and be reasonably required to meet the goals of the organization. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. It is not an implied contract of employment.
To apply click HERE or copy and paste address into browser - https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2019890/North-Carolina-Advanced-Energy-Corporation/Director-Finance-and-Human-Resources. Cover letter and resume preferred.
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provide fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all other protected statuses under federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions are based on job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.