The Planned Maintenance (PM) Technician is responsible for the scheduled planned maintenance (P.M.) of all lift trucks within a designated service zone.
Focus on building and maintaining customer relationships as the primary service contact. Responsible for communicating with the customer in regard to repairs or maintenance needed to keep forklifts in safe and proper operating condition.
Manage the planned maintenance program including service intervals within the respective service zone.
- Average PM’s are 6 – 8 per day
- Must have excellent driving record
- Must have basic computer skills
- Conducts minor repairs of forklifts
- Perform thorough forklift inspections to identify any repairs that are needed. Write down and report all findings of potential or additional repairs necessary on every PM work order.
- Consult with customers in regard to needed repairs or additional maintenance items that are needed.
- Clear penmanship and ability to record accurate information.
- Communicate daily activities with zone teammates to ensure respective zone consistently achieves 100% PM completion.
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Keep PM vehicle clean and stocked with supplies.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 75 lbs.)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1-2 years of relevant work experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have a clean, unrestricted driver’s license
Must have the ability to keep a company vehicle at your place of residence
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously will full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and reaching, etc. Work is performed in a maintenance environment with potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, or solvents which require knowledge of proper safety procedures. Work is performed at customer locations, including manufacturing, warehouses, and cold storage facilities and in other (sometimes) difficult or outdoor environments. May include working in our shop area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace