The Exchange Authority has an immediate opening for an Exchange Specialist to join their team!
Job Summary: To coordinate and oversee the exchange from beginning to end through interaction with potential and current clients and their consultants by answering questions, customizing and reviewing documents, and ensuring the safe movement of funds throughout the exchange.
• Prepares, implements, and coordinates the editing of template-driven production documents for 1031 Exchange transactions.
• Understands the code and works with the Exchangor to encourage strict compliance. with the requirements of IRC §1031, the applicable regulations and case law.
• Supports other office functions by reviewing files, entering data, binding brochures and reports and preparing documents for final reports.
• Interacts with potential clients, clients, and their consultants (CPA’s, attorneys, etc.) to answer questions on potential, upcoming, and ongoing exchanges.
• Track time sensitive exchange processes and inform the client and his advisors relative to exchange deadlines.
• Maintains an accurate and complete file on the exchange including all related communications, documents, and instruments.
• Works with Fidelity Bank Operations to coordinate inflows and outflows of Exchangor funds as they relate to the transaction.
• Assists in the completion of final accounting of the exchange.
• Such other duties as may be assigned.
• Must be able to provide exceptional customer service and support to individual and corporate clients.
• Thorough knowledge of Windows-based business software applications, including Word, Exchange, and Excel
• Develop the same thorough knowledge of any new business database and/or software applications that the firm may adopt and incorporate
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept directions on given assignments; able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• 2-4 years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience as a real estate paralegal, escrow officer or in the area of accounting or law strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with database management
• Able to work collaboratively with the office staff and exhibit strong teamwork
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any physical demands or work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Exchange Authority is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation through its partnership with Fidelity Bank.
The Exchange Authority is an equal opportunity employer.