The Technician Apprentice will work at the Suwanee shop. The Apprentice will work with the training staff and senior technicians on a daily basis to learn the operation and assist with planned maintenance services and general repairs.
The Apprentice will attend classes provided by our training staff and work with the senior technicians in the shop or field to assist and complete various repairs. The Apprentice will also be assigned various tasks related to shop or equipment maintenance.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Conducts minor repairs of forklifts
- Perform thorough forklift inspections to identify any repairs that are needed. Write down and report all findings of potential or additional repairs necessary on every PM work order.
- Consult with senior technician in regard to needed repairs or additional maintenance items that are needed.
- Clear penmanship and ability to record accurate information.
- Communicate daily activities with senior technician to ensure you are progressing up to par toward your goal.
- Paperwork and documentation must be neat, clean, legible and organized.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Keep shop area clean and safe.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 75 lbs.)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1 year of relevant work experience.
High school diploma or equivalent.
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed in a maintenance shop environment with potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, or solvents which require proper knowledge of safety procedures. Must have the physical ability to perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, and lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 75 lbs). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace