This technical role will combine the skills necessary to efficiently perform service and repair support for our customer base on conveyor systems and loading dock equipment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintenance and repair of equipment such as conveyors, drive components, pumps, control devices, loading equipment and overhead doors. Ensure that our customers are safe and in compliance with ANSI Regulations as they relate to safety within our scope.
Deliver and install all types of loading dock equipment and accessories.
Service and repair broken, worn or damaged conveyor, loading dock equipment and accessories.
Document and communicate necessary additional repairs or safety concerns relating to loading dock and conveyor equipment.
Installation and repair of warehouse products, storage racking, stretch wrap machines, conveyor etc.
Maintenance and repair of commercial compactors and balers.
- Perform planned maintenance on conveyor systems
- Replace defective parts
- High speed sorter experience is a plus
- Align rollers and straighten parts as required
- Remove and replace conveyor belts as needed, tightens bolts, adjusts tension belts
- Troubleshoot/Repair PLC and controls devices
- Troubleshoot/Repair “running” belts and make adjustments
- Troubleshoot/Repair conveyor circuits up to 480V
- Welding (preferably certified)
- Commercial door experience
- Dock equipment experience
- Some electrical knowledge
- Able to operate scissor lift and forklifts (we will train and certify)
- Be able to fill out and complete work orders. Paperwork and documentation must be neat, clean, legible and organized.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Must have excellent driving record
- Upkeep and safe operation of service vehicle
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
2-3 years of relevant experience
High School Diploma/GED
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously will full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and reaching, etc. Work is performed in a maintenance environment with potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, or solvents which require knowledge of proper safety procedures. Work is performed at customer locations, including manufacturing, warehouses, and cold storage facilities and in other (sometimes) difficult or outdoor environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace