The Consulting Specialist supports internal AFL, Inc. activities and our customers with coaching/mentoring towards their organization's Lean journey and overall business improvement initiatives. The Consulting Specialist is a credible expert that consults with customers across multiple industries on applying the principles of the renowned Toyota Production System (TPS). The purpose is to help customers become more efficient by identifying and eliminating waste and improve business processes leveraging various solutions including automation.
To work internally with the AFL, Inc Branches on achieving ASEC Certification (Aftersales Service Excellence Certification), continuing Lean Evaluations from Toyota, process mapping and lean training necessary across the company. Additionally, the Consulting Specialist will conduct site surveys at customer locations with our Material Handling Consultants to generate proposals for paid consultations and automation solutions along with creative finance options all conducted by the Consulting Specialist.
- Up to 30% U.S. domestic travel is required, mostly locally between Suwanee, Atlanta, and Augusta.
- Follows the TLM roadmap to train and support Champions and Leaders to implement 5S, Standard Work, Visual Management, Just-in-Time, Jidoka, KPI management
- Builds trust with Champions and Leaders to facilitate continuous improvement culture (kaizen)
- Comfortable and adept at providing both Lean classroom instruction and tactical Lean improvement advice in the actual workplace at large customer sites
- Prepares and leads process discovery and requirement workshops - process or value stream mapping - with key stakeholders to identify current condition and improvement opportunities to gain efficiency and sustainability
- Clearly articulates and applies complicated Lean concepts in order to solve problems - regardless of customer industry
- Leverages experience to coach customers - executives and managers - to build and lead Lean culture and business improvement implementation
- Participates in local Lean Industry Groups (Best Practices)
- Participates with the TMH Lean Champion Group nationwide.
- Prepares and presents business cases based on sound financial reasoning to internal and external customers
- Develops packaged financing solutions based around company offerings, both product-wise and consultative
- Creates cohesive company strategies to pursue new customers based on financial tactics
- Supports sales staff and consultants in gaining new equipment customers
- Develops products offerings for Lean Consulting to gain additional customers
- Creates and deploys financial training material for internal and external customers
- Participates in strategic planning for all sites, Suwanee, Atlanta, Augusta
- Develops training, proposals, and marketing material for the Special Products group (automation, racking, etc.)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of leadership experience is required - Operations, Supply Chain, Production Control, Quality Management, or Engineering - in a Lean practicing organization
- Preferred Lean experience from a TPS/TLM environment, emphasizing developing human capital and total company culture in order to solve problems and drive change
- Experience sustaining and promoting Lean culture, Lean Advisor or Continuous Improvement Manager of Lean Consultant
- Experience communicating, coaching and providing both praise and constructive criticism to executive level management
- Experienced in designing, proposing, and implementing automation solutions for internal and external customers
- Experienced in creating advanced financial analysis and reports in support of equipment sales
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Deep academic understanding and application experience of key Lean concepts: 5S, Standard Work, Just In Time (JIT), Jidoka, Visual Management, One Piece Flow, Kaizen, Asaichi/Loop communication, Hoshin Kanri, S&OP is required Certifications on industrial equipment are preferred.
- Must be able to pass, obtain and maintain a forklift license on all equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position is in an office setting where the noise level is generally quiet to sometimes moderate if working near the shop area. Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Employee must have normal manual dexterity and be able to effectively manipulate keyboard and phone. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace