A Territory Sales role responsible for managing and growing our dock and door customer base through selling Loading Dock and Overhead Door equipment to new and existing customers for several manufacturers represented by the Commercial Dock & Door division.
The Territory Sales Representative will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and meeting sales objectives by leveraging existing relationships, prospecting, and cold calling. Responsibilities include calling on existing customers, developing new customers via prospecting, and promoting our company’s products and services while working with our Dock & Door Department team to achieve common goals.
- Targeting top prospects new and existing; Identifying solutions; Negotiating and Closing. Drive and manage the sales process from opportunity to close.
- Act as a solutions expert consultant in helping customers with their unique critical business needs and strategic initiatives.
- Work with Service Manager to establish a clear and effective plan for growing the Commercial Dock and Door customer base.
- Work with Sales and After Market sales team to share ideas, knowledge, and new business development strategies.
- Attend company training programs and ride-a-longs for training opportunities
- Industry knowledge to create correct job costs and market-based pricing for solutions.
- Performance will be measured on new customer growth, service jobs, equipment sales revenue/profit, attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrate good decision-making skills
- Work effectively and interact with multiple levels within our organization
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive spirit
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ experience in Industrial Sales
- Proven record of prospecting and cold calling to achieve new business acquisitions.
- Knowledge of Financial Leasing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have reliable transportation supplemented with a car allowance
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant work experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to SO pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees may occasionally work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being perform ed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace