About Brinkman Real Estate
Brinkman Real Estate provides strategic insight and access to property investment opportunities throughout the Intermountain West. Our approach balances purpose with profit to acquire and activate properties to increase comfort for tenants while maximizing predictability and return for investors. Brinkman’s investment portfolio includes diverse assets from multi-family, mixed-use, office, hospitality and retail. We are a certified B Corp and have received such industry honors as NAIOP Deal of the Year Finalist, NAIOP Innovative Project of the Year Finalist, Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, Colorado Companies to Watch, and Colorado State University Real Estate Hall of Fame.
For more information about Brinkman Real Estate, please visit www.BrinkmanRE.com.
Our Core Values
Be All In
Do the Right Thing
Our core values are present in every interaction you have with us. From how we hire to how we manage our properties, we aim to lead by example and set the highest standard of accountability.
The Staff Accountant will support Brinkman Real Estate Services in all aspects of accounting, finance, and operations. This is a dynamic, highly collaborative position. We are seeking a passionate accountant with an all-in attitude who has technical accounting skills, tax knowledge, and interpersonal skills to grow within the company. Ideal candidates are adaptable to smart change and seek to document and improve cross-functional hand-offs and processes. Experience in a public accounting firm is preferred. Experience with Yardi or QuickBooks software is ideal.
- Prepare and present financial statements for a portfolio of properties.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of financial statements for OneCanopy, our conservation-focused social enterprise.
- Review and tie subsidiary ledger to financials.
- Post reoccurring entries and management fees.
- Prepare supporting schedules for accruals, prepaid expenses, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Review income statements for budget variances, research the cause of the variances, and provide analyses.
- Assist the AP/AR Manager with posting accounts payable.
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable balances.
- Assist in the tax return preparation process and work with third party CPA tax preparers.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for properties and operating entities.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flows for properties and operating entities including forecasting future cash needs.
- Assist in the preparation and production of monthly, quarterly, and annual investor reporting.
- Assist in managing financial forecasting models for operating entities.
- Responsible for communicating meticulous and timely service-oriented financial reporting with owners and investors, including monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting.
- Assist in creating, documenting, and communicating systemic processes and internal controls to improve efficiencies and minimize risk.
- Participate in strategic initiatives to help improve operational processes and support the organizational culture through optimizing technology and fostering an environment of innovation and adaptability.
Please note that due to the nature of this position and the nature of our business, this list is not meant to be all-inclusive. The posting period of this job is 10/19/23 – 11/19/23. Applicants received after 10/19/23 – 11/19/23 may not be considered. An applicant is anyone who submits an application via this application.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- MBA or CPA a plus.
- 0-2 years of accounting experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and focused on using technology to improve processes.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high quality results.
- Must be meticulous at meeting deadlines, understanding priorities, and proactively communicating financial and operational concerns and results to key team members.
- Ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial company. Embraces smart change.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Effective relationship-building skills and ability to provide high touch internal customer service.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects.
- Sound communication skills.
- Yardi and QuickBooks software experience ideal, but not required.
While this position will be based in Fort Collins, there are occasions where further travel to Denver may be required.
Reports To: Accounting & Finance Manager
Location: Fort Collins, CO / Hybrid Remote
Base salary of $55,000 to $75,000 depending on level of experience, with additional potential compensation in the form of company profit sharing.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) with a 4% match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and we deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and community impact programs.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.
Employment with Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC is at will. This means employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by the employee or Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job posting or any other policy of Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at-will employment status of Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC employees.