Exegy is a global leader in intelligent market data, advanced trading systems, and future-proof technology. Backed by Marlin Equity Partners, Exegy serves as a trusted partner to the complete ecosystem of the buy-side, sell-side, exchanges, and financial services technology firms around the globe. For more information, please visit www.exegy.com.
Exegy is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, organized self-starter to join our HR department. The primary responsibilities of the HR Specialist will be focused on Payroll and Benefits Administration, with supporting HR related functions including onboarding, offboarding, employment documentation, policies and procedures, and other duties as assigned. The HR Specialist will support our global workforce from one of Exegy’s global locations. This is a hybrid onsite/remote position.
- Execute semi-monthly and/or monthly payroll.
- Administer benefit plans and programs and respond to / process claims as assigned.
- Perform additional payroll and benefits administration activities, including onboarding, off-boarding, documentation, planning, and communications.
- Facilitate annual benefits open enrollment processes to enroll eligible employees in company benefits plans and programs.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits, and effectively handle all issues in a confidential and timely manner.
- Support HR management with regular local, regional, and global reporting, including census, payroll, and benefits reports.
- Assist with and process new hire, qualifying changes, and separations using the HRIS systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for leave programs and benefits.
- Ensure compliance with applicable, local, state, federal, and country regulations.
- Reconcile monthly statements for various benefit plans and maintain comprehensive benefit plan records.
- Maintain confidential personnel records for employees including new hire documents, job descriptions, personnel actions, disciplinary actions, pay changes, medical records, and training records.
- Support HR technology implementations and maintenance.
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation processes, including new hire setup and appropriate access.
- Support management with updated compensation research and industry benchmarking.
- Conduct employment prescreening steps including drug screens, background checks, and employee eligibility verifications as assigned.
- Organize and track performance review and career development processes.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments when necessary.
- Support employee engagement, corporate social responsibility, and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Coordinate and conduct off-boarding meetings, processes, and exit interviews as assigned.
- Support recruitment efforts, conducting or participating in interviews and facilitating hiring processes.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years of experience related to benefits, payroll, and human resources.
- Global payroll and benefits knowledge is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of human resources operations and best practices.
- Experience with Payroll systems, including Paylocity, Blue Marble, and / or Vistra is highly desired.
- Strong experience using Excel, including formulas and pivot tables.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, show adaptability and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current, local employment laws and regulations.
- Time management skills and ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to different situations and events.
- Strong organizational skills, including disciplined follow-up and follow through of the assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but within a strategic framework.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments at the same time; and know how to prioritize them.
- Proficient use of computer-based tools to accomplish tasks, communicate and collaborate with others.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Expected Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience in Human Resources required.
- Professional Human Resources certification strongly preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Human Resources, Benefits Administration or Payroll required.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite required; HRIS experience required.