Under the guidance of the Director of IT Systems, the Junior Systems Administrator will maintain, upgrade and provide support for company software, hardware, and networks at Nielsen-Kellerman offices. The Junior Systems Administrator must be able to diagnose and resolve IT-related problems quickly and be available to respond to help desk requests during company hours, with some after hours on-call responsibilities. Applicants should be able easily to communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as work with individuals in all departments to help solve their technical issues. The Junior Systems Administrator is also responsible for assisting with maintaining NK’s system infrastructure, including managing firewalls, testing computer equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware software, installing and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes. This is at-will employment.
- Provide tier I and II support for all company laptops, desktops, and mobile devices (majority Windows, some iOS).
- Provide basic server level / Domain level support.
- Provide application support for Microsoft applications, Exchange server and Sage ERP 100 software, and other corporate applications.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise.
- Monitor critical systems daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
- Manage backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
- Self-initiate IT projects that will improve productivity of the company.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- Priority for success in this job will be a willingness and ability to learn new things. We expect the successful candidate to take the initiative, ask questions, research independently, and retain new information.
- The ability to work independently is necessary, combined with the good judgement to know when to stop and ask questions.
- Working collaboratively, empathetically and well with others is a critical part of this job.
- This position requires excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization abilities.
- Understand the TCP/IP protocols and be able to manage and configure cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge of managing a Domain utilizing Windows Servers.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of virtual and cloud computing, specifically VMware.
- Ability to research, plan, and execute IT infrastructure projects on time.
- Desire to proactively learn new technologies that will enhance the productivity of the company.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical support or systems maintenance role.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 2-year Associates Degree or 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Relevant technical certifications a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor manufacturing plant and offices. Will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday. Some flexibility to set 40-hour schedule between 8:00 and 6:00.
Most training is on-the-job, additional formal training as appropriate.
Travel / Work location
Some business travel may be necessary. 98% in NK’s plant in Boothwyn, PA. Reliable transportation required.
This is an overtime-eligible hourly position with pay depending upon prior experience and demonstrated skills. Compensation includes an annual bonus based on company and individual performance. Pay rates are reviewed annually for adjustment based on growth in skills and capabilities.
- Fully paid employee benefits include medical, dental, short & long term disability and basic life/AD&D insurance.
- Voluntary contributory benefits include family medical, vision, supplemental life insurance for self, spouse and children, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance.