Accepts and implements the YWCA Mission to empower women and eliminate racism and sexism in all areas of work responsibility.
CUSTOMER IMPACT STATEMENT:
The Chief Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive human resources operation which includes employment (including recruitment and onboarding), employee relations, labor relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, staff training/development and policy development in accordance with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. The Chief HR Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team. This role will champion a positive, results and strengths-based culture built on trust, empathy and transparency.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
Accountability, Priority Objectives, HR Management, Support and Coaching
1. Manages the development, implementation and communication of human resource policies.
2. Remains informed on the latest HR legislation, trends and best practices and ensures the organization is in compliance.
3. Advises Executive Team with regard to all human resource related matters. Provides counsel and expertise to people leaders on managing HR issues.
4. Works with the leadership team to create an inclusive, welcoming and psychologically safe work environment for all employees.
5. Develops safe mechanisms for complaints; manages HR issues/complaints with care and due diligence
Policies, Practices, and Procedures
1. Ensures development and maintenance of sound, consistent employment practices, policies and procedures throughout the organization that are compliant with all legal requirements.
2. Represents the Organization before external agencies such as the EEOC, Human Relations Commission, State Unemployment Commission, etc. in matters regarding charges of discrimination or unfair labor practices.
3. Evaluate and update an employee-centered handbook on a regular and consistent basis to ensure it is reflective of YWCA values.
4. Responsible for ensuring management and compliance of personnel records including but not limited to I-9 records, background checks, fingerprinting and other employee records.
5. Collect consistent and ongoing feedback from employees through temperature checks, annual surveys, etc.
6. Manages FMLA, Workers’ Compensation Leave and other absences (issues appropriate notices, collect medical certifications, etc.)
7. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality when working with sensitive and personal information (i.e. client, vendor, employee, contract information)
Compensation, Benefits, Salary Administration
1. Ensures compensation structure and pay scale is competitive with local markets and in compliance with current Federal, State and Local laws. This includes conducting a review of salaries and benefits for all positions in collaboration with the CEO
2. Manage salary ranges; conduct market data research and analysis and make recommendations to ensure the organization stays on trend in the sector.
3. Manage annual merit review process, make recommendations on annual increases or salary range changes, and assist with salary budgeting in conjunction with CEO and CFO
4. Manage benefits administration including annual renewals, open enrollment, managing broker relationships and research/selection of company-wide comprehensive benefits program.
5. Manages communication of Benefits program to employees.
Employee Recruitment, Development, and Retention
1. Oversees recruitment and talent acquisition processes, title/salary change process and offboarding, including preparation of offer/salary letters.
2. Oversees new employee onboarding and orientation. May participate in interview panels.
3. Responsible for design, coordination and implementation of employee relations and staff engagement and development programs; responsible for supporting employees within the organization.
4. Leads the performance management/evaluation, compensation, talent review, 360 feedback and succession planning processes and practices.
5. Assists with workforce planning to identify future staffing needs and succession planning.
6. Ensures diversity, equity and inclusion in all HR related processes. Develops equitable recruitment and development strategies to encourage a diverse and talented workforce.
7. Works with Executive team to develop a culture of recognition, valuing employees, work-life balance and staff engagement. This includes leading employee engagement efforts.
Training and Development
1. Responsible for overseeing implementation of the organization’s professional development and performance evaluation processes, including talent management and succession planning.
2. Delivers or coordinates delivery of Manager and leadership training, and training on HR related topics or processes.
1. Displays consistent professionalism and courtesy when interacting with staff, partners, clients and vendors.
2. Promotes and supports the mission, values and goals of the YWCA
3. Develops and delivers key HR communications and regular messaging, as required
4. Performs other duties as directed within the scope of the Human Resources Department and Executive Office.
Other Duties (include but also as assigned):
Attendance at agency and/or department staff meetings as needed. Represent the agency and program participant needs to funders, employers, and the community-at-large in a positive manner. Ensure maximum economy in the use of agency resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development or relevant area. At least five (5) years of demonstrated progressive HR expertise with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role. PHR/SPHR certification or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years in the not-for-profit sector
- Familiarity with Federal, State and Local laws that govern human resources management including but not limited to: ADA, ADEA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, HRIS, EEO/AA, OSHA etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with employees, legal, human relations and labor relations matters.
- Experience working with a web-based payroll and human capital management system, such as Paylocity.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and serve as internal consultant for such matters.
- Experience with staffing, employee relations, performance management, organizational learning, compensation, benefits, HRIS, training and employee development.
- Experience in recruitment and onboarding of employees.
- Diplomatic communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Strong teambuilding, interpersonal, coaching and decision-making skills. Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Highly collaborative, proactive and respectful of others
- Knowledge of and willingness to support feminist values, services focused on the needs of women, girls and gender diverse people, as well as access and equity issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel statewide.
- Use of computer and telephone
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Language and speech skills
- Consistent and timely attendance; ability to work flexible hours as required