Beep is developing cloud services and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Principal Engineers will be directly responsible for the prototyping, development, and scale delivery of cloud-based and in-vehicle systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. Principal Engineers will define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market, accountable for the technology lifecycle of new product offerings and the mentorship of junior engineers.
This is a full-time remote position.
- Lead engineering efforts in architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
- Lead engineering efforts in system reliability, resilience, monitoring, and cloud operations.
- Contribute to the writing and maintenance of engineering and product documentation.
- Lead design review, architecture, and implementation discussions for new infrastructural features.
- Improve engineering processes related to infrastructure development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Mentor and lead other SRE/DevOps engineers.
- 10+ years of experience in cloud or datacenter architecture, deployment, and operations.
- 3+ years of experience building infrastructure with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience building highly concurrent, distributed systems, or native cloud services.
- Experience building AWS infrastructure using Terraform or Ansible.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Knowledge of which to use for a given system architecture.
- Experience with a variety of AWS services, such as ECS, EKS, Aurora/RDS, MSK, DynamoDB, DocumentDB. Route53.
- Experience with SRE and DevOps methodologies (Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD).
- Knowledge of AWS networking (VPC, VPC-Connectors, AWS PrivateLink).
- Experience in development and automation using Python. Willingness to learn other languages as needed.
- Understanding of Microservice architecture.
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control.
- Experience leading projects in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should expect to participate in a code review as part of the interview process
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $130,000- $150,000 per year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.