***MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT BOTH LOCATIONS***
SUMMARY: The Custodian is responsible for the overall cleanliness and general appearance of the facility.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain general cleanliness of both facilities. Cleaning duties include cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms; clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors; wash windows, handrails, doorknobs, and drinking fountains; empty trash and remove recycling materials; and clean, dust, and polish fixtures, equipment, and furniture.
- Work as a team member to maintain an efficient operation of the facility by following the established cleaning procedures.
- Assist in the inventory of supplies and materials needed to perform required daily tasks.
- Complete daily check lists and communicate any issues and concerns (code compliance) in a timely manner to the Building & Grounds Manager.
- Utilize proper safety precautions needed to perform required daily tasks.
- Maintain and organize custodial areas and materials in a professional manner.
- Attends communication meetings as needed with the Building & Grounds Manager, as well as any required staff training throughout the year.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
- Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ Core Values and Vision through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school education and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Previous experience in custodial/maintenance operations preferred. Experience in a fitness/health club setting preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning products, materials, and cleaning machines.
- Must be able to follow instructions and a daily routine. Ability to read instructions and mix chemicals, ability to work independently, some decision-making ability required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the facility.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines and or goals in a timely manner.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor and basement.
- Able to lift, push or roll heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) using proper safety protocol.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings, using cleaning and maintenance equipment. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools, exercise areas, chemicals, and other cleaning supplies. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures. Frequently works varying hours and days including nights and weekends.