SetPoint Medical’s Staff Accountant is responsible for managing accounts payable, handling various month-end tasks, and keeping SetPoint's agreement files in order. Additionally, the chosen candidate will provide support to the Senior Accountant, CFO, and FP&A team in various accounting duties as required. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Senior Accountant.
This position is hybrid, reporting to company headquarters in Valencia, CA.
- Manage the complete Accounts Payable cycle by employing Stampli software and Quickbooks to process and timely pay all invoices, engage directly with vendors to address any concerns, and ensure that expenses are accurately recorded in compliance with GAAP.
- Accrue, reconcile, and pay quarterly Use tax, as well as filing tax returns.
- Reconcile bills with purchase orders in Inventory software and ensure they are transmitted to accounting software correctly.
- Conduct banking activities, including wire transfers and ACH payments, and submit for approval as necessary.
- Process/review payroll as needed.
- Create annual 1099s and review W-9s from vendors as needed.
- Create and document procedures for all processes.
- Utilize Expense Point software to oversee expense reports, including reviewing, approving, making payments, and importing transactions into Quickbooks.
- Conduct a quarterly audit of SetPoint's legal agreements and revise the agreement list while maintaining the filing systems regularly.
- Oversee and reconcile several Balance Sheet accounts, including prepaids, monthly.
- Help with special projects in accounting as needed.
- Assist Senior Accountant with monthly close.
- Assist Senior Accountant with annual audit.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- 5-8 years of experience in full cycle Accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Experience with manufacturing, purchasing, inventory, and inventory receipts a plus.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with a particular emphasis on Excel, QuickBooks, and a strong aptitude for various software applications. The candidate must have practical problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of the team.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise.
- The highest of ethical standards, positive attitude, and the flexibility to modify processes as needed to increase efficiency.
- Experience in medical devices, start-ups, IPOs, and audits a plus.
- Integrity, honesty, authenticity, and an eagerness to learn are greatly valued on this team.
SetPoint Medical is a clinical stage medical device company developing the first implantable immunomodulation device for the treatment of chronic autoimmune diseases. We’re a small, close group with incredible passion for developing the next major frontier in medicine. We offer an exciting, fast-paced, modern work environment with excellent benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a start-up company that will make a difference. It’s not just a job, it’s a career with a purpose.