About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans.
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
The School Data Manager is responsible for leading the collection and management, of school site based data. The School Data Manager will work closely with school administrators to develop a culture of data driven decision making. The primary responsibility of the School Data Manager is to support student achievement through effective use and management of data. The School Data Manager will additionally serve as the Site Testing and 504 Support. The School Data Manager will work closely with school leadership team and the Director of Information Systems, Manager of Applications, Network Data Analyst, and Compliance Manager.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Prepares high-level reports for site leaders and FLS staff on student performance data including norm and criterion referenced exams, as well as attendance, behavior, and demographic data
- Prepares timely reports for school leadership that can be used to support decision-making and strategic planning
- Collaborates with school leaders to build predictive models for student performance
- Collaborates with FLS staff to ensure timely completion of all required state reports
- Leads professional development sessions on data management systems including: PowerSchool, SchoolRunner, SchoolReach and other data systems utilized by the school
- Leads Professional development for testing procedures and security
- Plans and manages the yearly cycle of enrollment, course offering and schedules
- Understands the underlying database model of PowerSchool to facilitate reporting and integrations
- Works with Compliance Manager to ensure integrity of student demographic data
- Collaborates with Application Manager to ensure effective implementation and use of site data systems
- Anticipates, identifies, and resolves various technology obstacles to ensure success of overall data collection and analysis
- Collaborates with FLS staff to design and implement network-wide data collection, analysis, and dissemination programs that promote data driven decision making at the site level
- Ensures quality of data entry process, including data collection and input
- Works with school personnel to maintain integrity and accuracy of student cumulative file
- Works with the counselor and other school personnel to ensure students are scheduled effectively and efficiently
- Coordinates Student entrance/exit procedures
- Leads on collection of all student documentation, enrollment and re-enrollment packets and all required documentation
- Supports enrollment paperwork process and communicate with parents around enrollment and enroll all new students
- Manages student records for new students, withdrawal etc.
- Assist leaders in preparation of student progress reports and report cards
- Manages systems to coordinate assessments, including but not limited to Universal Screening,
- benchmark, interim, and state-wide testing
- Leads all state and interim testing coordination to ensure these are carried out in a legal and ethical manner.
- Proactively ensures that all testing, including state and interim testing is conducted according to set rules and procedures for all students with IEPs, LEPs, and Section 504 IAPs including appropriate accommodations.
- Coordinates with the ESOL Teacher as necessary.
Section 504 Coordination Support
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current Federal and State guidelines and policies and procedures under Section 504
- Assist in development and updates Section 504 forms to meet Federal and State Laws
Other duties as assigned by administration
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree required, master’s degree in related field preferred
- 1 year of professional experience, preferably in schools
- Louisiana Teacher Certification with some teaching experience preferred
- Expertise using Excel to collect, organize data
- Ability to work well under tight deadline pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and strong analytical and writing skills
- Ability to lead and train a diverse group of adults
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
- Take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Model the FirstLine Commitments: We Keep Learning, We Work Together, We are Helpful, We are the Safekeepers of our Community, We Share Joy, We Show Results
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
DATA MANAGER reports to: School Director
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.