Job Title: Materials Reuse Sales Associate
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Part-time, up to 24 hours per week
Reports To: Program Director, Materials Reuse
About Resource Central
We’re an award-winning nonprofit based in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our innovative programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 700,000 people improve their homes, conserve natural resources, and save money. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
Candidates with a commitment to incorporating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility practices and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from a range of social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Help us build a national model for reducing waste. Our nonprofit Materials Reuse Sales Associate plays a key role in helping families divert millions of pounds of building materials from landfills. We make it easy for people to improve their homes (and save money) by accepting donated building materials and reselling them at affordable prices. We’re looking for positive and supportive team members who will provide outstanding customer service to people purchasing materials. This position also assists customers by answering questions and providing assistance finding materials. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: keeping a clean and orderly sales yard, organizing inventory, and assisting volunteers. Home improvement and construction knowledge are a plus. Bilingual preferred. Friendly and a fun attitude are a must.
This is a part-time role with up to 24 hours per week. The compensation starts at $17.50 an hour and Resource Central offers excellent growth opportunities for career-minded candidates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver friendly customer service to customers via in-store purchasing, phone, and email inquiries.
- Greet and provide assistance to all patrons with a positive attitude.
- Accurately work the cash register/point of sale system and tool library.
- Organize materials throughout the yard and showroom.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds and follow safety protocols.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your job.
- Passionate about conservation, or a strong desire to learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cultivates a strong sense of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Resource Central is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based on these grounds.