Job Title: Materials Reuse Specialist (Part-time)
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Part-time up to 24 hours a week
Reports To: Materials Reuse Program Director
About Resource Central
We’re an award-winning nonprofit based in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our innovative programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 700,000 people improve their homes, conserve natural resources, and save money. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
Candidates with a commitment to incorporating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility practices and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from a range of social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Help us build a national model for reducing waste. Our nonprofit Materials Reuse Specialist plays a key role in helping families divert millions of pounds of building materials from landfills. We make it easy for people to improve their homes (and save money) by accepting donated building materials and reselling them at affordable prices. We’re looking for positive and supportive team members who will provide outstanding customer service to people donating and purchasing materials. This position also assists customers by providing project ideas, tool information, answering questions, and assistance finding materials. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: restocking department areas, pricing inventory, keeping a clean and orderly sales yard, organizing inventory, and assisting volunteers. Home improvement and construction knowledge are a plus. Bilingual preferred. Friendly and a fun attitude are a must.
This is a part-time role with a flexible work week. The compensation range is $18.00-$19.50 an hour and includes paid sick leave, discounted pro-deals at outdoor retailers (North Face, HydroFlask), and more!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver friendly customer service to customers.
- Stock and maintain orderly displays throughout the yard, warehouse, and showroom.
- Evaluate, receive, and process acceptable donations or politely decline them.
- Load and unload trucks and vehicles.
- Price incoming inventory, answer pricing questions for customers, and adjust pricing on aging inventory.
- Operate forklifts to move and stock materials (training provided).
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds and follow safety protocols.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Works our point-of-sale system on an as-needed basis.
- Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your job.
- Passionate about conservation, or a strong desire to learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cultivates a strong sense of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Resource Central is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based on these grounds.