Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced start-up culture at an organization leading the country in redefining the way we care for patients that typically would be treated in the hospital setting. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of our patients and be a part of shaping a new, innovative space in the health care industry. Contessa is a high-growth start-up and as such we look for individuals excited about the opportunity for rapid career development as they help shape and execute our pioneering care model.
The MedEcon Analyst will use their expertise and skills to participate in the development of new care and payment models. Candidates for this position will have health care economics experience within a large payer and experience providing data-driven guidance to leaders and network providers that goes beyond aggregating data.
- Assist in creating and updating tools used for managing the business and making decisions on pricing episodes of care and provider network agreements
- Work with the Company’s analytics team to understand historical claims expenses to propose episode-based pricing to the Company’s partners
- Analyze network pricing strategies and historical claims data to advise on impacts of various scenarios
- Evaluate alternative payment and care model impacts on quality and costs of care
- Experience: 3+ years health care economics/analysis experience ideally with a large payer
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, statistics, or actuarial science. Master’s degree preferred.
- Teamwork-Centered: Innovative, highly flexible and willing to “roll-up-your-sleeves” to do what it takes in a team environment to accomplish our mission.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate efficiently and effectively with people in all levels of business. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare and present materials and to execute and maintain written reports and records.
- Project Management, Strategic Thinking and Analytical Abilities: Manage multiple projects and priorities, quickly and creatively, solve problems and develop effective communications and strategies. Strong ability to process disparate information and data effectively into analysis for decision making purposes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with SQL or similar database query tool a plus.
- Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you will find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.
Why Choose Contessa?
- Work in one of America’s top 15 best cities to live - right on legendary Music Row.
- Office environment that fuels productivity, innovation and teamwork across all departments.
- A work schedule that allows you to balance work and home life.
- Competitive compensation and benefits to take care of you and your family.
- Generous PTO and holiday package so you can take time away from the office to relax and recharge.
- Professional development opportunities to support your learning and development.
- Be part of a passionate team that truly believes in changing the way healthcare is delivered.
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the positions at any time with or without notice.