NATECH is seeking a Software Developer to join the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Developer will use ASP.NET and SQL Server technologies to develop web applications for the FAA. The Software Developer should possess a broad knowledge base that covers several parts of web application development such as UI/UX, middleware, and database coding. The ideal Software Developer will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of FAA’s mission-critical applications using .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Development of enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture that interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance
- Design system and program test data, debug programs using appropriate system tools and ensure system and program results are accurate to meet specifications
- Work with agile development team on release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers
- Verify accuracy, safety, and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive unit testing with sample data
- Provide daily customer and production support including production issues, enhancements, maintenance and training
- Assist, coach and mentor other Software Developers.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 10-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- 10+ years of experience with service-oriented, multi-tier Architecture, and implementation of scalable, high-performing ASP.NET web applications
- Strong development expertise using Micro Services or Service Oriented Architecture to design flexible and scalable applications
- Experience using the following MVC Architecture Patterns and Programming language mode
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
- 10+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.