This position supports International Collaboration on Cosmetics Safety (ICCS), a global non-profit dedicated to the advancement of non-animal safety testing approaches for cosmetics and their ingredients. The membership of ICCS is multi-stakeholder and includes cosmetic manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, NGOs, and research/trade associations. ICCS achieves its mission through research, education, and regulatory engagement.
General Description and Primary Responsibilities:
As the Human Health Sciences Project Manager at ICCS, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the human health scientific programs and safety testing initiatives. You will be responsible for managing research projects, working with a team of scientists, and collaborating with external partners to achieve the organization's goals of enhancing cosmetics safety.
Scientific Project Management:
- Manage human health scientific projects related to cosmetics safety testing, ensuring alignment with the organization's objectives and industry best practices.
- Support research initiatives, including the design and implementation of new safety testing methodologies.
- Monitor the progress of ongoing projects, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions to meet project milestones.
- Preparing and running meetings (doodle polls, minutes, agenda)
- Following up on actions with chairs
- Assisting in project delivery - project proposal support, consultants/service providers, contracts
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with industry partners, regulatory agencies, and academic institutions to foster collaboration and access to the latest scientific developments.
- Represent the organization in relevant conferences, symposiums, and industry events to promote the organization's mission and share its research.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Ensure all safety testing processes adhere to regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams to implement robust quality control measures and maintain accurate records of testing procedures and results.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Support the analysis of safety testing data and research findings, providing actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive reports and presentations on research outcomes, presenting complex scientific concepts in a clear and accessible manner.
As a Human Health Sciences Project Manager at ICCS, you will be part of a dynamic and passionate team committed to enhancing cosmetics safety without the use of animals worldwide. The role offers opportunities for professional growth and a chance to contribute significantly to the advancement of consumer protection in the cosmetics industry.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree (Master preferred) in a relevant scientific discipline such as toxicology, cosmetics, biology, or a related field.
- Knowledge of human health safety assessments.
- Demonstrated initiative and team management skills, with a track record of leading successful research projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific information to diverse audiences.
- A proactive, organized, and detail-oriented approach to project management.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment and build relationships with external stakeholders.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in scientific program management, ideally in human health safety or related areas.
- Experience of working in multi-stakeholder collaborations to address a scientific and/or policy challenge.
- Knowledge of cosmetics safety regulations, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Work experience with membership or multi-stakeholder organizations.