Deerwood Bank is now hiring for a full-time Teller in its Baxter, MN branch. We are seeking someone who has adequate banking knowledge to answer basic questions for customers, direct customers to appropriate bank personnel when necessary, and accurately complete banking transactions and balancing procedures.
- Handles customer service account transactions which may include verifying incoming cash, accurately dispersing cash, accepting various deposits and payments, and cashing checks.
- Verifying account balances, giving out account information to customer, and printing copies of items from customer accounts.
- Selling Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Gift Cards to customers as requested.
- Completing cash advance transactions.
- Answer phone and/or complete telephone transfers when customer service is not available.
- Various other duties as assigned. May include, but not limited to processing customer bank statements accurately, operating coin sorter, wrapping coin, balancing vault, coin machine and recycler, operating postage machine, etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
This is a full-time position. The hours will vary Monday - Friday between 7:15am - 6:15pm, and Saturday 8:15-12:15pm (up to 2 times per month).
Previous Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Attention to Detail.
- Building and maintaining healthy colleague relationships.
- Represents employer in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts when conducting bank business.
- A natural positive and upbeat attitude; quick to smile and make others smile.
- A spirit of service and desire to help others.
- Creative real-time problem solving.
- Demonstrates PPB Core Values: Greater Good, Relationships, Enjoyment, Action & Accountability.
Critical Skills and Physical Requirements
- Professional, strong communication skills, and able to multi-task and organize priorities. Must have strong analytical skills and be able to develop and interpret reports.
- Attend trade and industry training and professional development seminars.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and more with assistance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Windows;
- Team orientation and the ability to adapt in a fun, fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivation, good organization skills, and excellent communication skills.
If this sounds like you, apply today.
About Deerwood Bank
Founded in Deerwood, Minnesota in 1910, Deerwood Bank is a community bank that strives to take a complicated financial world and make it nice & simple. Nice in how we treat our staff and loyal customers. Simple in our products – no fuss here… simple and easy-to-understand products and services. With 12 locations around Minnesota, we’re bringing nice & simple banking to your community! Deerwood Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Expected to have adequate banking knowledge to answer basic questions for customers, direct customers to appropriate bank personnel when necessary, and accurately complete banking transactions and balancing procedures.