Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Quality Manager is responsible for leading the Whisker Quality Management Department, ensuring all incoming and outgoing products, parts, and accessories meet Whisker’s quality standards. The Quality Manager will work with cross-functional teams to ensure that solutions are developed, projects are completed, and issues are resolved, all with a focus on effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Establishes and drives a vision for the facility Quality Department and related methodologies, with input from management and others
- Develops & leads all quality related project plans and schedules and ensures the appropriate quality plans are followed and implemented
- Performs independent technical assessments on product quality performance and post-market product quality analysis
- Leads quality related problem solving activities to drive to root cause identification and elimination
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Provides technical advice and guidance to suppliers to reduce defect rate
- Serves as a liaison between vendors and Whisker management to identify quality issues and develop solutions
- Reviews and approves supplier PPAP documentation
- Creates internal PPAP documentation
- Reviews and approves internal process validation activities and results.
- Works with Design Team / Product Engineers to understand and create quality control objectives
- Executes risk management activities, product failure rate and reliability estimations
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Directly supervises department Teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Whisker policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training and hiring Teams, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing Team issues, and upholding safety and quality guidelines.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in a scientific discipline, Engineering highly preferred
- 5+ years of Quality Engineering experience in a high volume production environment, preferably within consumer electronics
- Experience working on issues of diverse scope, where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Experience conducting and reviewing Root Cause Analysis and familiarity with various tools such as: 8-Discipline, DMAIC, 5-Why, Fishbone Diagrams, Fault Tree Analysis, Contradiction Matrices, etc.
- Experience managing quality engineering milestones for 3-5 new products per year
- Ability to effectively lead and manage people, including setting expectations, assessing performance, providing feedback, delegating tasks, having difficult conversations, and engaging and developing employees
- Experience independently producing and completing Quality Engineering Documents
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Experience with Injection molded plastics
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Experience with creating or reviewing statistical justifications for Sample Size selection
- Experience with electronic components (i.e.; motors, wire harnesses, printed circuit boards)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must continuously lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Purrks: Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.